Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Get Smart and Meeting Steve Carell

A couple of months ago, my wife and I were lucky enough to be invited to a special premier of the new (then) movie Get Smart by my friend Doug. What made it particularly special was that Steve Carell would be in attendance and would be doing a Q&A session at the end of the movie plus there was the opportunity to have a picture taken with him and his lovely wife (picture included).

I admit to some trepidation about a Get Smart remake compounded by a particularly weak trailer released a week or so before the movie was released. I was really happy to find out that not only were my expectations extremely low, they were way off base. The movie was really funny and Carell did a great job making a new Maxwell Smart that was still respectful of the original Don Adams version.

On top of that he and his wife were just the nicest and most gracious people you could possibly imagine. Every interview I've ever read about him describe him as gracious and I have to say that those interviews were definitely on the mark.

It was an awesome evening that let me meet, albeit it briefly, one of my favorite performers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: