Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Muddled Thoughts - Dr. Horrible & SDCC 2008

Very tired for some reason so despite the long delay in posting, the end result will be anti-climactic. Of course at this point, the only one who is reading the blog is me, so no big deal. I'm doing this more to get disciplined (ha!) about blogging.

Watched the Dr. Horrible Act 1 premier today and I have to say that I went into this with extremely high expectations and I was still blown away. The music was fun and the 3 main cast members were great fun. I had seen Neil Patrick Harris doing his musical bit of Les Miz before so I knew he could sing but Felicia Day was a delight (pretty geek girl can sing!). I've already drop my 4 bucks for the season pass and I full expect to spend more at San Diego ComicCon <--transition.

So, I'm heading to ComicCon at the end of the month. This is the first comic book convention I've been to in probably 30 years or so. I'm going on business but I still expect to get out on the floor a fair bit. I view this convention with a bit of trepidation due to my fear that I'll see far more people in far too little clothing (and spandex) than is appropriate for their body-type.

That said, lots of folks I want to see, like The Guild Folks, the Dr. Horrible Folks, Scott Kurts, Wil Wheaton and a host of traditional comic book people will be there. That's really exciting and I do worry I'll nerd out too much and be rendered speechless. Particularly if I get near Joss Whedon who proves that bald(ing), non-Adonis like guys can be way cool.

I also hope I'll also get to see Matt Fraction and Kelly Sue, who I knew casually from the days when Warren Ellis hung out on Delphi, just to say "hi".

Hmmm, more typing than I expected and hopefully fewer spelling and grammatical errors than people can tolerate.

Whoops - speaking of grammar, here's a plug for a writing book I just picked up but haven't gotten too far until (yet still looks like a lot of fun): Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing

Take a look.

No comments: